Attorney Paul Callam has a longstanding and extensive trial practice and is well-versed in courtroom and arbitration proceedings, trial strategies and tactics. The firm pursues litigation on behalf of plaintiffs and defendants in federal court and state court from pre-trial through trial, as well as post-judgment proceedings and appeals. We frequently serve as local counsel for national firms and out-of-state businesses with legal matters pending in the state of Michigan, including litigation in Michigan state and federal courts and Michigan based arbitrations.
Our firm provides zealous legal advocacy in all business and commercial litigation matters. At the outset of representation, we work closely with clients to assess each individual situation and fashion an overall litigation strategy and budget that meets each client's needs in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
Attorney Paul Callam has commercial litigation experience in a wide range of areas that affect individuals and businesses, including:
- Breach of contract
- UCC sale of goods disputes
- Collection cases
- Trade secret misappropriation
- Unfair competition
- Trademark and copyright infringement
- Employment law
- Discrimination and harassment claims
- Insurance coverage disputes
- Unemployment disputes
- Personal injury liability suits
- Wayne County Airport Authority v Allianz Global Risks US Insurance (US Dist. Ct. 2012) – Serve as local counsel in insurance coverage dispute over claim in excess of $5M.
- Health Express, Inc. v Hayes (Oakland Co. Cir. Ct. 2008) – Represented new company formed by former employee of plaintiff. Confidential settlement reached after successful ruling on motion for injunction.
- Hall v Health Care & Retirement Corp. (Oakland Co. Cir. Ct. 2000) - Defense of personal injury claim arising out of malfunctioning elevator. Plaintiff claimed in excess of $1M in damages. Jury verdict for defense.
- Huffman v Pontiac Osteopathic Hospital (Oakland Co. Cir. Ct. 2002) - Prosecution of medical malpractice claim on behalf of professional motocross rider. Jury verdict for plaintiff of approximately $500,000.
- Watson v Grosse Ille Township (Wayne Co. Cir. Ct. 1997) - Represented plaintiff in employment sex discrimination case. Jury verdict for plaintiff in excess of $300,000.
- Johnson v Olde Colonial (Washtenaw Cir. Ct. 1991) - defended restaurant in wrongful death claim arising out of shooting in parking lot. Case settled after one week of trial.