Paul A. Callam
Founding attorney Paul Alexander Callam has over 30 years of experience practicing law. He received his undergraduate degree with honors from Wittenberg University in Springfield, Ohio and later attended Vanderbilt University School of Law in Nashville, Tennessee where he earned his Juris Doctorate degree in 1980.
Prior to starting his own practice, Mr. Callam was a shareholder at the Ohio based law firm, Cooper & Walinski, where he managed the firm's Ann Arbor office. He also gained significant litigation experience as an attorney with Paskin, Nagi & Baxter in Detroit and as an Assistant Prosecuting Attorney for Delta County, Michigan.
As a solo practitioner, Attorney Callam values time spent getting to know his clients and working personally with them on their issues from start to finish. He is eager to guide individuals and entrepreneurs through the initial phases of planning for their business, helping them to get a solid start. He also enjoys the dynamic environment of the courtroom and handling the diverse range of commercial litigation cases that his clients come to him with.
Outside the office, Attorney Callam serves on the board of directors of several nonprofit organizations that are focused on a number of issues affecting the local community, including the promotion of renewable energy, environmental protection and education, and housing foreclosure advocacy. In his free time, he and his wife enjoy visiting their adult children, sailing and spending time at the family summer cabin in northern Michigan.
- Small & Medium-Sized Business Formation
- Business Law
- Commercial Disputes
- Real Estate Law
- Construction Law
Licensed to Practice
- State of Michigan (1981)
- State of Ohio (2001) (inactive)
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan (1981)
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan (1987)
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit (1985)
- Vanderbilt University School of Law J.D. (1980)
- Wittenberg University B.A. (1977)
- State Bar of Michigan, Business Law Section; Member, Commercial Litigation Committee
- State Bar of Michigan Real Estate Law Section
- Federal Lawyers Manual, Callaghan & Co., Annual Updates
- Case summaries for the Commercial Litigation Committee published in State Bar Business Law Section Journal (1986-1987)
- Member of Board of Directors of HEART Legal Services, a nonprofit real estate foreclosure advocacy and counseling organization. (2009 – present)
- Member of Board of Directors of Arbor Environmental Alliance, a Michigan-based environmental organization focused on funding and managing forestation projects and renewable energy resources. (2010 – present)
- Treasurer and Board member of Friends of Greenview and Pioneer Nature Areas, a local nonprofit committed to the maintenance and improvement of the Greenview and Pioneer Nature Areas in Ann Arbor. The organization promotes the restoration of native landscape for this unique resource and encourages its use for environmental and outdoor education activities by the Ann Arbor Public Schools and recreation by local residents. (2011 – present)
- Past member of Board of Directors of Peace Neighborhood Center, a local social services organization that provides programs for children, families, and individuals who are affected by social and economic problems. (2002 – 2008)